Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rice, Peas and Chicken

Lunch... what to make for lunch... often the question that runs through my mind at about 11:59 in the morning. Does anyone else have that problem? Or is it just the Gerlach side coming out in me... Yes I said it, Gerlach side!!! We have a funny way of procrastinating and then mad rushing to get the job done! Here I am on one of my most famous bunny trails! So back to lunch! So I decided to make rice (easy right) chicken and veggies. It was good! For a last minute idea! Did I mention I was watching what I was eating! Alan is not a big fan but hes coping pretty well with the idea! 

Heres a photo of the final product!


So do you want to hear about something sickening sweet! 

Anita (my sister-in-law) and I decided we were going to embark on a cake decorating adventure! 

We rolled out the fondant and began to put our creativity to work! (I baked the cake ahead of time)
We decided to go with a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing! YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!
I didn't snap any photos during the process (bummer) but lets just say we had a lot of cleaning up to do after we were done! We started at 4 pm and worked until 9pm ish on Tuesday. We then put the finishing touches on the cake the next morning before I headed to family night for Geoffy birthday (Kate's hubby)!!!

Here are a few photos of the cake! 














No comments: