Saturday, February 26, 2011

PROJECT .......... BARN!!!!!!!

We have been slowly working at remodeling our barn for the last month or so. I shouldn't say slowly because we have to move the family's herd of Red Angus cows here to the Harnish farm! I am so excited to be able to look out my kitchen window and see red cows! Not that the black and white ones aren't pretty... Theres something about seeing your own herd early in the morning when the dew is still on the grass... peaceful and quiet, nursing the newborn calves. Farm life is such a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Anyway here's me rambling about the cows when I'm to be talking about the barn!! So far the barn is cleaned out, posts for head locks in and now we have to wait for the headlocks to arrive... which will be 2 weeks or so. My father and Alan are building our gates. So far I think they have at least 3 done... After the pens are done for the cows we are going to get stalls ready for the horses!!! Yeah!!! 



 Alan cutting the pipe for the posts

 Rhya making sure everything is done right!!!

Pipes layed out ready to be pounded in!

 Hit rock !!! Explosives would have been a little to much so they resorted to a hand drill...
Pounding the posts!!!


No comments: