Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Here piggy piggy, Here piggy piggy!!!!!!!!!

Howdy!!!
We have a pig barn, most of you know. The pigs require a lot of attention, hard work and a keen eye.
With Alan's back, we have needed help getting our hog barn ready for the little piggy's coming this month. Our church has been blessed to be working with Karen refugees from Burma/ Thailand (I think?). They are willing to help when and where they can so... They helped us get the barns ready!
It wasn't as difficult communicating as I thought it would be! I was able to point and direct enough plus I lead by example! They did what I did! I had a blast working with and listening to the Karen guys sing!
 Alan was working right along side the guys. Even though he should have been taking it easy. We (Alan and I) strongly believe that we WILL work alongside our helpers, not watch.
 Putting bubble wrap in after we drug in the mats. This helps to keep the heat in for the little pigs.

 Rhya is supervising with Grandpa Wilbur!


The guys also helped split about 2 weeks worth of wood!!! (which is a HUGE pile) They were a BIG help and a blessing!!!



We are training a new worker for the hog barn... Any guesses????


I know this picture isn't great but you get the idea!!!! My big little helper was carrying a 10-15 pound piggy!!!!! She is loving the piggy's and even helps Alan tend them once and a while when I need a break!!!


No comments: