Monday, May 10, 2010

My Love Dare

I am starting to read through "The Love Dare" again... I feel that it might help my relationship with Alan a little more. I am hoping that I will get more out of it than I did before.
Today is the first day I will start this new journey myself... hoping and seeking for something that I am hoping God will reveal as I read, digest and pray over this book.
Day one: Love is Patient
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.- Ephesians 4:2
Being patient is something I have been working on my whole life. I have noticed that its easy for some areas of my life to wait but in others I feel like rushing. I have learned that love is built on two pillars... Kindness and Patience. By being patient I am showing the one I love that I am willing to listen and won't overreact in angry, foolish and regrettable ways. "He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly." (Proverbs 14:29)
Today I am going to try to watch what I say, how I say it and determine if I even need to say anything at all... I do not want to say anything I will regret

~~Later~~
My dare today was to practice patience and so far I've snapped at Alan only once... Hopefully the only time...
Here are a few points that I gathered from my devotion today:
1: Love is built on two pillars that best define what it is. Those pillars are patience and kindness.
2: Love will inspire you to become a patient person. When you choose to be patient, you respond in a positive way to a negative situation.
3: Love helps you settle down and begin extending mercy to those around you. Patience brings an internal calm to an external storm.
4: It is a choice to control you emotions rather than allowing you emotions to control you, and shows discretion instead of returning evil for evil.
5: Patience makes us wise.
6: As sure as a lack of patience will turn your home into a war zone, the practice of patience will foster peace and quiet.
7: Few of us do patience very well, and none of us do it naturally.

THATS A GOOD STARTING POINT TO DEMONSTRATE TRUE LOVE!

No comments: