Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Fabulous Question

So ... I had posted a little while back about any questions you might have :) well I got one question and now I will answer it!
The question was : What was my favorite meal to cook?

I like to cook a lot of different things here and there and it all depends on the season! I like more salad type things in the summer when its hot and more hot dishes when its cold! I think thats pretty normal!

The meal that I find myself making for company and if i have time is Parmesan Chicken, green beans or broccoli and stuffed mushrooms.

The chicken is really easy to make. First you take you chicken breasts and dip them into a mustard mixture ( 1tbs mustard, 1/2 cup butter, 1tsp of Worcestershire sauce) The you coat the chicken with Italian bread crumbs. I usually go by how much the chicken needs because I always end up with to much breading left over :( Then you put the chicken in the oven at 350 or about 30-45 minutes (Always check to make sure the chicken is done before eating!)

The green beans/broccoli are really really simple! Just boil and serve! I like to add a little bit of salt and pepper for flavor!

The Stuffed Mushrooms are a family favorite but they do require a lot of preparation.
First wash and cut the stems out of the mushrooms. Place the top of the mushroom in the bowel/dish that you will be baking them in. Then chop the stems and begin to saultee them in a frying pan. Add Velveeta cheese, bacon bits and bread crumbs as the stems fry. When done add the filling in the frying pan into the tops of the mushrooms by spoonful. hen bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.

Hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! I just tried a Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken last week and it was so yummy. I'll have to give this one a try sometime soon. I thought of another question for you to ponder/answer sometime. What are the pros and cons (for you and your family) of farm living? (I'd be interested to know if our answers would be the same or if mine would be different since I married into this lifestyle and didn't grow up in it.