Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear Anonymous...

I have been thinking and praying about how I should respond to your comment. Though it wasn't outrageously rude, cruel or the like, it definitely made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Why? As humans we are quick to be angry and snap rudely. So your comment did strike a nerve with me... but not the nerve that you were probably aiming for. This nerve was a nerve of disappointment... I was disappointed that someone would respond in a comment about something they know so little about and I was disappointed that someone didn't read or understand what I was writing about.  

Your comment showed me how many friends and family members truly do care what we (my husband and I) are feeling. Many have emailed, commented and told me how they felt about your comment and re-assured me that what I posted was not offensive to them at all.

 One person in particular... My husband... was offended when you labeled our fertility struggles as our "sex-life". It is NO WHERE CLOSE! Our "sex-life" belongs between my husband and I... and it will stay that way. I was only merely stating that we are praying and trusting that if we are to have another child, it will be in Gods gracious timing.

As a Christian I am forgiving you... I am praying for you... and I am truly hoping that you may find peace.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Beautiful : )