Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Love Story

Well here I am... Blogging... I'm not one to be creative and write but I've had many people tell me I should try! Where did I get this idea... well... the Harnish gals and I watched the movie "Julie and Julia" last night. Theres NO way I'm going to cook my way through a cookbook but the happenings around the Harnish farm I think I can handle!
Our Love Story:
I had just graduated from Penn Manor High School and wasn't planning on continuing school. I felt that my place was at home on the farm and working at Meadow Lane Dairy. I was always a farm girl... I couldn't imagine anything else. I always had plenty of time to think while milking, time sometimes even seemed to stand still... boring right??? Well one day I was thinking about guys... ha ha ha I know what 18 year old wouldn't!!! It wasn't like i was out there actively meeting men. I was always on the farm!!! Early in august I asked my bosses wife "Where are all the good farm guys??????" We both laughed and she said well... I'll let you know if I think of one!!! I didn't think anything of it until she called me 2 hours later!!! She had a good Christian farm guy she wanted me to meet! Yeah!!! I was sooooooooo surprised and excited!!!
We decided to meet on a Saturday night. Thats not all!!! His sisters came out Saturday afternoon while a fellow co-worker and I were finishing up the afternoon milking shift!!!! I'm told a few months later that they needed to approve of me before i met their big brother!! Saturday night came... I was nervous... ha ha ha... who wouldn't be!!!! Little did know I was about to meet the man of my dreams!!!!!!!! Oh and did I mention I was milking that night!!! I put on my "best" work clothes and headed to work. I was to expect him sometime between 9 and 10 pm... thats IF he was coming. There was still a chance he wouldn't show. It was about 10:15 pm and there was still no sign of this guy. Disappointed, I threw my hair in a messy ponytail, took my shoes of and started to relax. Cow after cow came in and out of the parlor, still no sign of him... My bosses wife came in and said she would call to find out where he was. Evidently he was soooooo nervous that the girls (his two sisters and mom) had to push him out the door!!! He finally showed up around 10:45 ish! I was completely unsure of how the rest of the night would go. Once we got a conversation going we couldn't stop! We talked about almost everything that night! It was finally time to pen the cows up for the night. I decided I wasn't going to wear my flip flops... I didn't want to fling more manure on my pants than I had to. Out through the barn yard i went... Barefoot!!! He was definitely suprised by that!!! When he got home his mother asked him "So what did you think???" He said "She walked through the manure BAREFOOT!!!!" She said "Shes a Keeper!!!!!"

On October 20th 2007 Alan proposed... He had roses and notes for me to find throughout the day. How cute!!! Then he picked me up and we went to watch the sun set across the Susquehanna river. It was sooooo beautiful I thought he was going to ask ... but he didn't!! then we went to Rohrers Pond and had a small snack. The pond was light up with lights and candles but he still didn't ask!!! By this time it was dark... I wondered if he was going to ask... and thought maybe hes just being romantic. He said we have one more stop. We ended up at a campfire and i noticed he was calling someone!!! "Why would you be calling someone" I thought. Then he says
"Well... since someone missed their cue... Will You Marry Me?????" Of course I said yes!!!! Then he called his sister and said go ahead!!! They (meaning all of the sisters) had put "Will you marry me" in lights across the top of Alan's hog barn roof!!! Wow!!! It was amazing!!!!!! The rest is history!!!!




No comments: